Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring has finally Sprung!

After all the snow and the long winter, Spring is finally here! It is so nice to see the trees all budding out and starting to turn green. All the color has been sorely missed! One of my most favorite parts of spring is seeing our pussy willow bush blossom. My mom had one when I was growing up, so it reminds me of spring in my childhood. They are such fun plants. Their soft fuzzy buds are so unique. My boys always take a branch of them for show and tell each spring. I really wanted to capture some photos of them this year before they went to seed. I have thought of taking pictures of them every year for the past few, but I would get busy and then when I took time to go out, they were all gone. This year, as soon as I noticed they were blooming I made a photo date with myself and I went out in my yard to document the coming spring. I love the new awakening of the world around me. It really feels like a miracle after everything has been so frozen and dormant for so long.
Alana




















0 comments:

About Me

...Just learning & falling in love with the world.~~~~~ email me at : alerwill@ida.net Click on the comment under any post to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you. You may also click on any picture to see a larger version. Thanks for looking.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP