Monday, May 05, 2008

Trains...

I really have a thing for trains...I guess because it seems around here that they are quickly becoming obsolete. I've actually ridden a real train but it wasn't in the states. We rode trains around Italy (Total blast!) And when I went to China we went in a train over night with a sleeper car so we actually slept on a train. Now that was cool. I love old things like barns, tractors, farm machinery, so I think trains just kind of fit in that category. They were always a bit of a mystery to me as a kid. Seeing them pass by, counting the cars waiting to be the first one to see the caboose.... But never actually getting to ride one or climb on one. So, when I get the chance, I love being close up to them. Just the other day, my son and I stopped extra long at an intersection just to stay and watch the train go by hear its loud whistle and count the cars. Afterwards, my son said, "Mom, thanks so much for staying just so we could watch the train." I guess they still hold some wonder to my kids too.
Alana



















2 comments:

(mckay) 12:52 AM  

What a stellar engagement shoot!!!

The first one in this series is definitely on the list of "favorite pictures I've ever seen taken by Alana!" Or by anyone, for that matter. =)

I seriously love it. I love the vibe, the story, the texture, the everything.

And, of course, your train picture is totally rad!!!

I wish I could have made it to SLC with you soooooooooooooo very much! Oh well. I'm still reaping the benefits by seeing all the awesome things you post on here!

=)

(mckay) 12:52 AM  

P.S. Thanks for your super nice comment. =)

About Me

...Just learning & falling in love with the world.~~~~~ email me at : alerwill@ida.net Click on the comment under any post to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you. You may also click on any picture to see a larger version. Thanks for looking.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP