Sunday, December 09, 2007

Our Stellar Jay

What a beautiful morning. These photos were taken after one of the first snows we had. There were still some yellow leaves on the aspens, but we woke up to snow. There was a beautiful sunrise and it was lightly snowing. The flakes highlighted like diamonds by those first beautiful rays of sunshine as they spread across the mountain tops. It was just spectacular. This gorgeous Stellar Jay hangs out in a pine tree right off the deck of our cabin and I have loved watching him. This particular morning as he was out flitting about, I decided I just had to get some photos of him. His black head contrasts so beautifully with the brilliant blue body. In the third picture it is actually snowing but you can't tell in a photo this small. Hope you enjoy.
Alana








2 comments:

Heather Meyers 11:58 AM  

Wow, thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on my blog! ;o) I'm equally stunned by your ability to capture nature in these last photos you've posted. That is where my 'expertise' has failed to venture! :o) Looking forward to visiting your blog in the future!

(mckay) 4:49 PM  

The last one in this series is breathtaking! I looooove the contrast between the snow and the super dark shadows. I love, love, love black and white pictures.

Is it wrong to be envious of the AMAZING place you live??? =) That alone would inspire anyone to take stunning photographs! I also love how you've captured the seasons through your various posts... and I'll admit that winter is my favorite!

And thanks for your comments... made my day... =)

About Me

...Just learning & falling in love with the world.~~~~~ email me at : alerwill@ida.net Click on the comment under any post to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you. You may also click on any picture to see a larger version. Thanks for looking.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP